Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Principle 1:Embrace Adversity

Hey everybody I was looking through my Body-for-Life book and thought this exercise might be a good way to start off our efforts.

We have all started to change, but it seems like every time I don't do something just right or am faced with a difficult situation I give up.

We need to anticipate that there will be obstacles in our paths. Instead of getting frustrated by those obstacles, embrace them. Remember that in the midst of difficulty lies opportunity (Peekes 60).

Remember also that if we pray and ask for help, we will receive that help because we are daughters of God and we are a part of his Eternal plan.

So here is the Principe #1 Tool a contract to commit to and remind us everyday what we are doing this for. It's kind of long, but we can cut and paste in word. Then print it out and put it in a place we will see it everyday.

Date:

I , Commit to starting my Body-for-Life (or whatever program you are doing)on (date), completing this 12-week Weight Removal (or Maintenance) Segment on (date).
I believe that I can accept and complete my Challenge to the best of my ability.

I realize this is work and accept the self-care price I must pay to achieve my mental and physical transformation.

By completing the Challenge, I signify honor and respect for myself, and affirm that I deserve health, happiness, and joy.

Signature

Love you all!!! And I truly believe that we all deserve to be Happy! Have a great day. Love Angie

4 comments:

Todd and Angie Powell said...

Sorry for some reason it wouldn't let me leave a space for our names, and the dates. But I'm sure we can in word!!!!

Casperson said...

Thank you Angie, this is just what I need. I just feel embarrassed and it is all that I can do to participate openly. I love all you girls.

Todd and Angie Powell said...

I love you too MOM!!! Don't be embarrassed. We are all in the same boat. And we can all get out together.

Karen said...

"you lift me and i'll lift you and together we will rise."
love you guys.